Guide Fast and dirty reports for client acquisition

Henry Cooper

Staff member
Oct 10, 2017
t.me
Sometimes you either don't have the time, the tools or the knowledge to create good looking and convincing reports for on-boarding clients. There might also be a situation where your Virtual Assistant has nothing to do and you would want him to spend his time in a productive matter :unsure:

Fast & Dirty reports in 4 easy steps:

1. Go to http://deep.social/ and sign-up a free account

2. Go to Audience Data (https://deep.social/data) and download the PDF example report

1531456514264.png

3. Use http://www.pdfdu.com/link-delete.aspx to remove all the links in the PDF

4. Use https://www.pdfescape.com/ to remove the branding (with white rectangles) and add your own branding if you wish.

I know this is not the most clean way, but recently people asked me whats the path of least resistance and this is pretty much it if you don't have any upfront knowledge or your own tools for those things. Over the time everyone develops their own scraping and report tools, so this is more like entry level :)

If you know a better way for entry level or an alternative way, post below so I can update the post. :cool:

Questions are also always welcome.

Last edited:

delagarde

Nov 15, 2017
Been doing this but with Illustrator and Acrobat Pro to remove stuff.. not the free reports though, can't be bothered with making free accounts, I just pay, since its well cheap. Nice one though, I was not the first to be removing someones banding from their pdf ;)

I have decided to change the term 'audience credibility' though since whoever searches on that term will come straight to deep social
(yes it happened and the client called me like 'whats up with that?'), and I don't want that as I sell these puppies at starting price 100 bucks apiece muahaha

@Gernozarus you know that the Audience data is referring to engagers, not the followers, only likers and commenters, and it is a projection based on past data right? I find that explaining that these are the stats of engagers not followers (and not mentioning that its an estimation/projection), and a bit of info on how its done (generalities about AI and data mining) helps them accept it more. But yeah, I use it for a different purpose, and clients are happy to see their account looking good, I suppose its a different psychology than prospective account buyer.

Reactions: Henry Cooper

Gernozarus

Oct 10, 2017
Been doing this but with Illustrator and Acrobat Pro to remove stuff.. not the free reports though, can't be bothered with making free accounts, I just pay, since its well cheap. Nice one though, I was not the first to be removing someones banding from their pdf ;)

I have decided to change the term 'audience credibility' though since whoever searches on that term will come straight to deep social
(yes it happened and the client called me like 'whats up with that?'), and I don't want that as I sell these puppies at starting price 100 bucks apiece muahaha

@Gernozarus you know that the Audience data is referring to engagers, not the followers, only likers and commenters, and it is a projection based on past data right? I find that explaining that these are the stats of engagers not followers (and not mentioning that its an estimation/projection), and a bit of info on how its done (generalities about AI and data mining) helps them accept it more. But yeah, I use it for a different purpose, and clients are happy to see their account looking good, I suppose its a different psychology than prospective account buyer.
I never explained anything. They just accept it. Note they are not for account management but rather when I sell an account

delagarde

Nov 15, 2017
@Gernozarus I now realize I probably misunderstood your post I was replying to, I thought you meant they where skeptical of the report, now I realize you probably mean you used the reports when the account buyers where skeptical of the accounts, and so with the reports they where not skeptical anymore. In which case what I wrote has not so much point lol

atinhas

Jul 15, 2018
damn...how accurate is this data? i dont even understand how they know so much.....anyway nice share thanks this website looks really good for research if i know you well you already scraped the shit out of this website didnt you :)

Nocturnae

Oct 14, 2017
damn...how accurate is this data? i dont even understand how they know so much.....anyway nice share thanks this website looks really good for research if i know you well you already scraped the shit out of this website didnt you :)
https://medium.com/@deepsocial

They have some pretty interesting data to read over on Medium.

Another great one i've been using for reports is https://hypeauditor.com/.

ashish.fabhome

Oct 29, 2018
We have been looking for a replacement of deepsocial for a while now and recently stumbled across affable.ai .. These guys look very promising and tbh they have more features than just analysing an influencer on instagram.. super responsive on the website chat too

If you are looking for a replacement to deepsocial, I'd totally give www.affable.ai a shot

Reactions: brank87

ashish.fabhome

Oct 29, 2018

Hey @delagarde, curious though how do you sell these reports at 100 bucks man.. clients here wouldn't budge.. tough time selling 10 reports for 30.. i must be doing something wrong hahaha

Henry Cooper

Staff member
Oct 10, 2017
t.me
Hey @delagarde, curious though how do you sell these reports at 100 bucks man.. clients here wouldn't budge.. tough time selling 10 reports for 30.. i must be doing something wrong hahaha
Sneaking in on-topic before @delagarde can share his wisdom :D

Sometimes its clientele related - hopefully not in this case - and switching to customers that either understand the value or have a stupid amount of money to spend does the job. @delagarde probably also does upsell to already happy clients, so trust is already established. If people see their money well spent and trust you, they are more likely to spend more on you, because they got their money "back" in the past (ROI).

Reactions: delagarde

delagarde

Nov 15, 2017
Hi Ashish, if you're still curious about how I sold these for $100 a pop, the biggest thing that helped me up the price was the increased value I put upon my own time. Once you send a client a report, they will likely have questions,what does this and that mean... also the initial communication with them, the effort to sell it, my site that exists for that purpose, I see those as costs. The price I pay hypeauditor is just the smallest part of it. So basically I refuse to sell them for any less, that would be a loss for me.

Aside from that psychological aspect, I have a lot of personal contact with local clients. That makes a difference. I know lot of them are successful businessmen or professionals, they have mad cash and are happy with my services or have heard good things about me via word of mouth. If they give any resistance to prices I can make a joke about their rolex on their wrist or their late model luxury car that they post about and they laugh and shut up about that. So pretty much what Henry Cooper said:

Sneaking in on-topic before @delagarde can share his wisdom :D

Sometimes its clientele related - hopefully not in this case - and switching to customers that either understand the value or have a stupid amount of money to spend does the job. @delagarde probably also does upsell to already happy clients, so trust is already established. If people see their money well spent and trust you, they are more likely to spend more on you, because they got their money "back" in the past (ROI).

Reactions: Henry Cooper