Guide How to unban your Instagram account correctly

Stoja

Jun 30, 2019
Hey, Henry. I don't want to be "that guy", but I need serious help. I have done this well over 30 times. I tried different emails, and then I started doing the "dot trick" with my email. I have been doing this back to back since February, and my account hasn't been unbanned. I would keep going, but there is a problem. When they deny my picture, they send an email that looks like this:

"Hi,

We’ve determined that you're ineligible to use Instagram. To learn more about Instagram's policies, please read our Community Guidelines:

https://help.instagram.com/477434105621119/?ref=cr

For safety and security reasons, we can't provide additional information about why your account was disabled. We appreciate your understanding, as this decision is final.

Thanks,"

Now the problem here is that from all the Youtube videos and articles I've read on how to get unbanned, they have never shown this kind of email. This really concerns me because it says there that this decision is final. Is this true? I really want to know so that I don't just waste my time. I am already pushing 40 appeals right now, and I just don't know what to do. I understand you have to keep trying and trying and to never give up, but this just seems extra. I don't know if it's because my email's name is a random name, not the name I tell them is my name. But what's even more frustrating is that I got banned from a COMMENT. Not even a post. I wish you can help.

Thanks.
I have the same problem. If someone knows what we need to do, please help us.

Jul 24, 2019
Hi. Thank you so much for the guide. I have been trying it for about two weeks and I get the same automatic response. My friend said she knows a guy who can probably get my account back for a $100. Is this true?

Alex13

Aug 1, 2019
My instagram was deactivated, now I can’t log into any of my accounts on my app. I can log in to my accounts on another phone though.

Someone said Instagram put a ‘century block’ on my phone and it won’t allow me to access the app on my phone.

I did a reset of my phone and that still didn’t help.
If you do a reset you can’t back up from iCloud but you can still use the same account login, I’ve been lucky where I did a backup from 4 months before and it let me through.

SSA

Oct 20, 2019
v1.1

- updated information regarding changing user agent in firefox
Hi there, I have been trying to recover my Instagram account for over two weeks now. I have tried to follow your steps above, however I am getting problems filling out the form, it keeps giving me this error message:

Your request couldn't be processed

There was a problem with this request. We're working on getting it fixed as soon as we can.

Can you advise what I do?

Henry Cooper

Staff member
Oct 10, 2017
t.me
The unbanning form has been fixed by Instagram (again). So I case any of you were going nuts with the error messages, enjoy the good news :)

rckunoichi

Nov 27, 2019
Hello @Henry Cooper
I have tried this method and like you mentioned to use a gmail
but i initially used my yahoo instead. Unfortunately. So. I got the response below:

"Thanks for your response. To confirm that you're the owner of this account, we need you to reply to this email and attach a photo of yourself holding your government-issued photo ID. "

The thing is this is a fan account I made so the photo of me might be wrong to use?, but I did it anyway
and sent them a photo with me and my ID. and I got this response. DOES THAT MEAN I DID IT WRONG, THE ID?

"We can’t give you access to this account or continue with your request because we haven’t received an acceptable ID that matches the information listed on the account."

Anyway, a few minutes later got a reply like this:

"It looks like your account has been disabled. We disable Instagram accounts that don't follow our Terms of Use. Actions that are against our terms include:" .. etc etc.

So I tried on another email, GMAIL, and i did the number+selfie thing again.
And I ended up with the same "It looks like your account has been disabled" email.

I tried to do the "." dot trick with gmail, on the page on this link: https://help.instagram.com/contact/1652567838289083
but it just goes back to https://help.instagram.com/. Nothing got sent to me? Not even the email with the numbers I should use for the selfie.

MY QUESTION: Does that mean i cannot try it anymore? (I have done 2x unban request on 1 day). :( is it gone?!

Last edited:

rckunoichi

Nov 27, 2019
Hello,

I was randomly disabled due to "impersonation", which is false. people can tell it was a fan account. Anyway - I have sent the forms using the gmail dot trick and none of the dotted-emails got a response from the form. this is only for the one account, okay, i am not trying to recover that many. so i have tried creating other emails like email1@email.com, email2@email.com and they both don't get the email from facebook when i filled out the form. Note: I had used email@email.com in the first emails. Have I done something wrong here, or was I too fast? Or can they detect when I make a ___1 numerical indicator in the email?

@Henry Cooper you said "Your IP or browser fingerprint won't be blocked for sending unban requests , even if you send in 1000 daily ( yes I did that )."

So WHY haven't I gotten a reply yet from any "new emails" I used? For example: email@email.com, and something@something.com I used and they got the auto reply with the code. but "e.mail@email.com", "em.ail@email.com" dont get the auto reply. I've been doing this for roughly 24 hours. :S I think the dot trick no longer works and you have to create unique emails each time now (You may need to update this guide?). And maybe numerical indicators in your email name are also detected. I'm not sure. BUT ANYONE'S FEEDBACK is appreciated.

[EDIT]

I think I am blocked from sending any form, no email gets sent after I fill out the appeal form.
Anyone know how many days I wait? DO I wait or can this be fixed via IP refresh or something like that?

Last edited:

Albert L

Dec 15, 2019
I am experiencing the same issue. It appears that no matter what I do, even the gmail dot trick won't help me. And I seem to have been blocked by Instagram from emailing them for quite some time. Give me a solution if anybody has one.

j4jo

Dec 26, 2019
Hi,

This method doesn’t work anymore if it ever did. If you send to many forms you get blocked from that email (not for 1 day 2 days, 1 month and I still can’t send email using that form).

All other emails that I use with dot trick they simply stop responding. So it is not really true that eventually every account get unbanned.

1. In the beginning I got answer after filling out this form https://help.instagram.com/contact/1652567838289083 and sending photo of me holding piece of paper (probably 50 times or more) I got this auto answers:

Thanks for contacting us. To help us review your request for your Instagram information, please make sure you've included the following:

- Your Instagram username
- The email or phone number associated with your Instagram account
- The country where you live
- A detailed description of your request

If you don't currently have a Instagram account, please reply to this email and let us know if you had an account in the past. If you previously had a Instagram account, please tell us the email address or phone number you used to log into that account.

If you currently have an Instagram account, you can review and download specific types of your Instagram information using the Data Download feature. To learn how, please visit the Help Center: bla bla bla bla

And

Hi,

Thanks for contacting Instagram. To help you get back into your account, we'll need the following information:

1. A brief description of the issue you're experiencing, including the date you last had access to your account and how you lost access.

2. The email address or mobile phone number you used to sign up for your account.

3. The device you used to sign up for your account (example: iPhone, Android, iPad, computer). If you signed up on a computer or tablet, please also tell us which operating system you used (example: Windows, MacOS, Linux) when you signed up.

4. Any previous usernames you've had on the account you're requesting support for.

Keep in mind that we won't be able to help you until we receive this information. For help logging into your account, you can also visit the Help Center: bla blab la bla

2. Dedicated over a month of daily sending forms even tried form Accessing and Downloading Your Instagram Information. All I got were auto answers that my account is:

- Your Instagram account has been disabled because it didn't follow our policies
- For security reasons, we're unable to provide more information on why your account has been disabled. Please note that we can't reinstate your account, and we can't give you access to the Data Download tool.

And if you use other emails than the actual email associated with your account or dot trick sooner or later you will get this answer:

Since you're not contacting us from the email address you used to sign up for Instagram, we can’t give you access to this account or take any further action on it.

Protecting the privacy of the people who use Instagram is very important to us. In order to verify that the account belongs to you:

- Email us from the email address you used to sign up for Instagram
- Include a copy of this correspondence in your email

If you currently don't have access to the email address you used to sign up for Instagram, please contact your email service provider. Unless we receive a response from that email address, we can't assist you further.

AND NO RESPOND AFTER THIS or info you are permanently disabled.

And I cant get copy of my data that is their explanation using this form https://help.instagram.com/contact/163695614321277

Thanks for your request about your personal data on Instagram. Your Instagram account has been disabled because it didn't follow our policies.

For security reasons, we're unable to provide more information on why your account has been disabled. Please note that we can't reinstate your account, and we can't give you access to the Data Download tool.

In certain limited cases, where an Instagram account has been disabled for serious breaches of our policies, and where disclosure of account information may create security or other risks for other people on Instagram, we reserve the right not to provide users with access to their data. We are entitled to do so under the exemptions to Article 15 GDPR, as such provision could adversely affect the rights and freedoms of other users, as set out in Article 15 (4) GDPR.

You can read more about our policies in our Terms of Use, Data Policy and Community Guidelines...

Conclusion

If you are banned for violating IG terms you are most likely banned permanently. I would also like my IG account back due to my photos, memories. Only had 500 followers but it also sucks being banned without explanation.
I violated terms on FB and got automatically banned on IG since my FB and IG accounts were connected and I used same email to login. They are one company technically I didn’t violate terms on IG still I can’t explain no one that since you can’t reach person only automated answers.

If someone would just answer me you are banned because you violated terms on Facebook that would be enough of satisfaction but they have far to many users to work with customer service.

I used 5 different emails and dot trick for each email.

So my suggestion is don’t lose too much of your precious time because nothing will get you unbanned if you did violated IG terms especially using this forms.

Happy New Year

Reactions: Albert L

j4jo

Dec 26, 2019
Hi,

This method doesn’t work anymore if it ever did. If you send to many forms you get blocked from that email (not for 1 day 2 days, 1 month and I still can’t send email using that form).

All other emails that I use with dot trick they simply stop responding. So it is not really true that eventually every account get unbanned.

1. In the beginning I got answer after filling out this form https://help.instagram.com/contact/1652567838289083 and sending photo of me holding piece of paper (probably 50 times or more) I got this auto answers:

Thanks for contacting us. To help us review your request for your Instagram information, please make sure you've included the following:

- Your Instagram username
- The email or phone number associated with your Instagram account
- The country where you live
- A detailed description of your request

If you don't currently have a Instagram account, please reply to this email and let us know if you had an account in the past. If you previously had a Instagram account, please tell us the email address or phone number you used to log into that account.

If you currently have an Instagram account, you can review and download specific types of your Instagram information using the Data Download feature. To learn how, please visit the Help Center: bla bla bla bla

And

Hi,

Thanks for contacting Instagram. To help you get back into your account, we'll need the following information:

1. A brief description of the issue you're experiencing, including the date you last had access to your account and how you lost access.

2. The email address or mobile phone number you used to sign up for your account.

3. The device you used to sign up for your account (example: iPhone, Android, iPad, computer). If you signed up on a computer or tablet, please also tell us which operating system you used (example: Windows, MacOS, Linux) when you signed up.

4. Any previous usernames you've had on the account you're requesting support for.

Keep in mind that we won't be able to help you until we receive this information. For help logging into your account, you can also visit the Help Center: bla blab la bla

2. Dedicated over a month of daily sending forms even tried form Accessing and Downloading Your Instagram Information. All I got were auto answers that my account is:

- Your Instagram account has been disabled because it didn't follow our policies
- For security reasons, we're unable to provide more information on why your account has been disabled. Please note that we can't reinstate your account, and we can't give you access to the Data Download tool.

And if you use other emails than the actual email associated with your account or dot trick sooner or later you will get this answer:

Since you're not contacting us from the email address you used to sign up for Instagram, we can’t give you access to this account or take any further action on it.

Protecting the privacy of the people who use Instagram is very important to us. In order to verify that the account belongs to you:

- Email us from the email address you used to sign up for Instagram
- Include a copy of this correspondence in your email

If you currently don't have access to the email address you used to sign up for Instagram, please contact your email service provider. Unless we receive a response from that email address, we can't assist you further.

AND NO RESPOND AFTER THIS or info you are permanently disabled.

And I cant get copy of my data that is their explanation using this form https://help.instagram.com/contact/163695614321277

Thanks for your request about your personal data on Instagram. Your Instagram account has been disabled because it didn't follow our policies.

For security reasons, we're unable to provide more information on why your account has been disabled. Please note that we can't reinstate your account, and we can't give you access to the Data Download tool.

In certain limited cases, where an Instagram account has been disabled for serious breaches of our policies, and where disclosure of account information may create security or other risks for other people on Instagram, we reserve the right not to provide users with access to their data. We are entitled to do so under the exemptions to Article 15 GDPR, as such provision could adversely affect the rights and freedoms of other users, as set out in Article 15 (4) GDPR.

You can read more about our policies in our Terms of Use, Data Policy and Community Guidelines...

Conclusion

If you are banned for violating IG terms you are most likely banned permanently. I would also like my IG account back due to my photos, memories. Only had 500 followers but it also sucks being banned without explanation.
I violated terms on FB and got automatically banned on IG since my FB and IG accounts were connected and I used same email to login. They are one company technically I didn’t violate terms on IG still I can’t explain no one that since you can’t reach person only automated answers.

If someone would just answer me you are banned because you violated terms on Facebook that would be enough of satisfaction but they have far to many users to work with customer service.

So my suggestion is don’t lose too much of your precious time because nothing will get you unbanned if you did violated IG terms especially using this forms.

Happy New Year
And this if you respond to auto answers:

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us, but unfortunately we can't support this type of request through this channel.

We won't be able to take any further action on this report. Visit the Help Center to find the best way to report this kind of issue:

https://help.instagram.com/?ref=cr

Thanks,

Aubrey
Privacy Operations
Facebook

MikeHunt

Jul 15, 2018
So I found this new service called Recap because of some of my important clients got in trouble for... their content.
It claims to send automated appeals for disabled/banned Instagram accounts for a fee (roughly 20$ for 1 account)

It's kinda pricey but I added 3 of my accounts as a test (they have some slots thingy), essentially it's 0.03$ for additional accounts/day
2 Accounts got unbanned within a day, while the third one took 5 days.

Does anyone have experience with this service? It's kinda expensive but it saves me a lot of time if it works...

• Love
Reactions: marketingjunkie

Henry Cooper

Staff member
Oct 10, 2017
t.me
onclusion

Happy New Year
@j4jo It seems like you sent to many requests in a short time frame and locked your account temporarily for sending further appeals. Every account can be unlocked via this form over time. Some accounts might be unbanned on the first request, others might take a year to unban (depending on the offence). Obviously, if you did commit a "real" crime on those accounts they might be locked for a longer time or even permanently.

But normal TOS violation like automation, nudity, etc. can be unlocked over time. It is up to you how valuable that account is for you. This guide is still being used by our team and other people also use it successfully. Just wait until your hard block for unbanning is lifted and go slow after it.

I hope you will get your precious account unbanned soon and I wish you a happy new year :)

Reactions: Albert L

marketingjunkie

Jan 2, 2020
I have over 400 accounts and I was so tired of the bullsh*t of taking selfies and everything.
@MikeHunt I also tried this Recap service which recently came up. I only paid 30$ and already got 100 accounts back in one week.
@Henry Cooper What do you think about that service? Have you tried it as well? Maybe it's the end of the suffering of submitting manual requests.

j4jo

Dec 26, 2019
So I found this new service called Recap because of some of my important clients got in trouble for... their content.
It claims to send automated appeals for disabled/banned Instagram accounts for a fee (roughly 20$ for 1 account)

It's kinda pricey but I added 3 of my accounts as a test (they have some slots thingy), essentially it's 0.03$ for additional accounts/day
2 Accounts got unbanned within a day, while the third one took 5 days.

Does anyone have experience with this service? It's kinda expensive but it saves me a lot of time if it works...
Would you add my account as well I can transfer money via PayPal... dont have required payment methods to pay directly on Recal.

Or @marketingjunkie ?

MikeHunt

Jul 15, 2018
You can just buy Bitcoins @ Coinbase with that card. PayPal is unsuitable for any kind of Social Media service.

If you want me to set up your account you will have to go with the full subscription, as I won't be scamming them out of their 20$ (at least not for people I don' know) sorry 😅