Guide What the account sellers don't want you to know

Henry Cooper

Staff member
Oct 10, 2017
t.me
This thread is actually a really important and essential topic . Why ? Because it is about some basic tricks how to protect your asset - your Instagram account - from these sneaky sellers . Alright lets dip right into the action and get some facts straight :cool:
  • Accounts can be permanently tracked , even after a name change (Unique User ID)
  • The age of an account can be 100% accurately determined
  • With all the relevant account creation information every account can be taken back
Ok since we know now what we can't protect against , lets work on the things that we can actually do , that is what we are here for right ? We will go through a few basic tricks and then look at a specific E-Mail provider called "mail.ru" . We will also take a closer look about the things we need to pay attention about . Just a single mistake and you are at risk of losing your account in the far future . So lets do this right !

1. Secure an E-Mail account (mail.ru)

1.1 Change language

First thing we should do is change the default language from Russian to English , so we do not miss out on any important options that we need to change . After you logged in , scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the underlined link in the bottom-right corner .

2017-10-23_17-01-10.png

chrome_2017-10-23_17-02-46.png

1.2 Birth & Name

Next we will change the Birthday and the Name of the account owner . Click in the top-right corner on your E-Mail address . After that click on (1) Personal Information .

chrome_2017-10-23_17-06-34.png

Next we are changing the Personal Information (1,2,3)

chrome_2017-10-23_17-08-32.png

Save it , and we are good with the Personal Information !

1.3 Remove Recovery Options

Next we click on "Password & Security" on the left menu . Make sure that you change the Password (1) , remove any Phone Numbers (2) , remove any recovery E-Mails (3) and disable & remove Two-Factor-Authentication (4)

chrome_2017-10-23_17-11-00.png

1.4 Delete the account

Sadly , a mail.ru account can always be recovered by providing the initial birthday , location , name , etc . To make sure - if we want - that no one will be able to recover the account in 6 months or even in 2 years , we need to delete the E-Mail account . This can be undone within 3 months . So this is the time frame we will be at risk .

Visit https://account.mail.ru/user/delete and confirm the account deletion by pressing (1) .

chrome_2017-10-23_17-17-28.png

2. Check the creation E-Mail

Another trick that many account provider do , is to just update the E-Mail address on Instagram and pretend that the E-Mail change confirmation E-Mail is the account creation E-Mail . It is hard to see the difference on first sight , but if you take a closer look it says only that the email has been changed .

BELOW THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE

chrome_2017-10-23_17-20-13.png

BELOW THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD NOT LOOK LIKE

chrome_2017-10-23_17-23-31.png

3. Is the Creation E-Mail legit ?

If you want to be a super try hard you can also check the E-Mail header files to make sure that the E-Mail has been sent from Facebook . As you might know , you can send an E-Mail from any sender . If the E-Mail provider of your choice is not good at validating authenticity then you should double check that .

chrome_2017-10-23_17-26-39.png

This is what should be in the header file

chrome_2017-10-23_17-26-54.png

4. Check the account age

And finally you can use this tool http://igtool.hopto.org:5000/ to find out the age of an Instagram account .

Any more questions ? Ask them below !

Last edited:

kurtax

Oct 19, 2017
Awesome! I've had some tricky situations with this in the past, wish I had seen this some time ago. Thank you for the value Henry.

Reactions: Henry Cooper

debra

Feb 15, 2018
But on some mail.ru I can't even find a "welcome" or email change message from instagram... Possible my provider purposely deleted it (can see 1 message deleted in mail.ru "mailbox usage"). And I bought aged account (1+ years) but mail.ru was created on 27.september.2017... so that's definitely not the original mail... But still if it was an original mail there is no guarantee that there would be instagram "welcome" message on it (might be deleted by original owner of that mail.ru account)...

And there is a message in trash section of mail.ru that says "Note: Messages placed in Trash will be deleted after one month." Although I have one message in my trash older than a month even though mail.ru shows empty trash icon (attachment)... I guess that message is bs then?

Attachments

Henry Cooper

Staff member
Oct 10, 2017
t.me
But on some mail.ru I can't even find a "welcome" or email change message from instagram... Possible my provider purposely deleted it (can see 1 message deleted in mail.ru "mailbox usage"). And I bought aged account (1+ years) but mail.ru was created on 27.september.2017... so that's definitely not the original mail... But still if it was an original mail there is no guarantee that there would be instagram "welcome" message on it (might be deleted by original owner of that mail.ru account)...

And there is a message in trash section of mail.ru that says "Note: Messages placed in Trash will be deleted after one month." Although I have one message in my trash older than a month even though mail.ru shows empty trash icon (attachment)... I guess that message is bs then?
That is correct . If you don't have the Original E-Mail it is a risky asset. Maybe grow and then sell it to pass the risk? Might not be the most moral thing to do but there are many account buyers that don't care if you sell them the accounts with the Original E-Mail in an inbox or not.

debra

Feb 15, 2018
That is correct . If you don't have the Original E-Mail it is a risky asset. Maybe grow and then sell it to pass the risk? Might not be the most moral thing to do but there are many account buyers that don't care if you sell them the accounts with the Original E-Mail in an inbox or not.
I just bought an account to test and there were around 200 messages deleted few months ago... I checked the trash but only one month old emails are left (everything older than 1 month got automatically deleted)... Is there any other way to check if this is the creation/original email?

Henry Cooper

Staff member
Oct 10, 2017
t.me
I just bought an account to test and there were around 200 messages deleted few months ago... I checked the trash but only one month old emails are left (everything older than 1 month got automatically deleted)... Is there any other way to check if this is the creation/original email?
Sadly no :( . You might be able to initiate a fake "lost access to my email & password" recovery and see if they will identify it as the original email . But is that really worth all the efforts? :)

debra

Feb 15, 2018
Sadly no :( . You might be able to initiate a fake "lost access to my email & password" recovery and see if they will identify it as the original email . But is that really worth all the efforts? :)
I guess it's not worth it but I hate that feeling that someone can at any time take my account back... Or all of my accounts :eek:
Does original email even matter if I change the account mail to my own?

Last edited:

Henry Cooper

Staff member
Oct 10, 2017
t.me
I guess it's not worth it but I hate that feeling that someone can at any time take my account back... Or all of my accounts :eek:
Does original email even matter if I change the account mail to my own?
It does . If you have the original E-Mail an account can always be taken back . It is not so easy anymore like half a year ago , but it is still do-able .

debra

Feb 15, 2018
It does . If you have the original E-Mail an account can always be taken back . It is not so easy anymore like half a year ago , but it is still do-able .
And if the "email change" message from instagram is deleted? I mean the original owner of the account can't click on "not me" and change the email back, right?

Henry Cooper

Staff member
Oct 10, 2017
t.me
And if the "email change" message from instagram is deleted? I mean the original owner of the account can't click on "not me" and change the email back, right?
That only works for a certain amount of time , we haven't needed to figure out the exact time frame yet :)